Certified Adlerian Counsellor (CAC)
The Certified Adlerian Counsellor credential indicates that the recipient has met all of the standards and requirements for the practice of Adlerian Counselling in the Province of British Columbia. The credential is awarded by The Alfred Adler Institute and recognised by Adlerian peers and practitioners through the Adlerian Psychology Association of BC.
- The applicant is a member in good standing of the Adlerian Psychology Association of BC (APABC);
- The applicant holds a recognised Masters or Doctoral degree or its equivalent;
- The applicant is Licensed, Certified, or Registered and in good standing with any of the following professional bodies:
- College of Psychologists (R.Psych. or Psychological Associate),
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC,
- Canadian Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy(Certified Canadian Counsellor),
- British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (Registered Clinical Counsellor),
- British Columbia Teachers Federation,
- British Columbia College of Teachers (Certified Member)
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT Clinical Member),
- College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (Registered Nurse Practitioner, NP),
- College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia (RPN),
- The Law Society of British Columbia,
- Board of Registration for Social Workers (Clinical Social Worker, R.S.W.).
- The applicant agrees to fulfil Continuing Education Units (CEUs) at the rate of 20 units per year, tallying 100 units over 5 years.
Check out the Alfred Adler Institute Catalogue for more info 2015 Institute Catalogue